Thank you so much for this. Didn’t know if you wanted this public but, I’ve been in a bit of a rut lately. (Too much comparing my work to others.) And this was so sweet of you. I really appreciate and needed this.
Studio clean up! For the first time ever I will have an actual studio - not a corner of a room! Yay! Pictures soon. xoxox
Sorry it’s taken me so long to answer this, Anon. I wanted to give a good answer. Something not cliche. Like “everything” - which is what I would normally say.
Maybe instead we do inspirations at the moment -
1. Small, local vegetation - not sure what it is. (maybe a sense of putting where I am from in my paintings) but I am obsessed with the weeds in my front lawn.
2. Gold - I love using gold leaf, gold thread, gold paint…
3. Music - currently painting to a band called “Tides of Man” thanks to my husband. This entire CD: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=qmE8rnHtAiM
4. Feminism - I have a daughter, and all I can do is imagine the world I want her to grow and live in.
5. Mental Illness - My own struggles as well as those of others. Seeing someone else’s “problems” = you are not alone = mental illness as a norm and not a weakness = help for all.
6. Dreams and Symbolism. Everything in my work is there for a reason.
Thanks for asking!!